How we make nonprofits stronger...
- Professional Development: Seminars and workshops on board development, fundraising, marketing, collaboration, advocacy and evaluation.
- CEO Breakfast Roundtables: Quarterly, CEO's, Executive Directors and Presidents meet to hear a short presentation on a business topic or current trend in the nonprofit sector, or have an informal discussion on ideas, concerns and collaborations.
- Board Breakfast Roundtables: Nonprofit board members meet to hear a brief presentation on current governance trends or have a facilitated discussion on relevant issues.
- Heartbeat Away Club: a group of de facto "seconds in command" of nonprofit organizations. The group meets every other month for discussions, presentations, dialogue and networking.
- Coaching and Consulting: a trained group of community volunteers are available to offer guidance in board development, organizational assessment and business planning. We can also refer you to a professional consultant for additional individualized attention.
- Advocacy: We participate in the legislative process on behalf of nonprofits in Northeast Florida.
- Questions, Answers and Consultations: Your organization can take advantage of consultations with Nonprofit Center staff – a staff with backgrounds in nonprofit management, organizational development, fundraising, grant-making, marketing, communications and employment law.
- Nuggets E-mail Digest: Monthly our member organizations receive Nuggets. We research and synthesize the most substantive and relevant information and opportunities for local nonprofits.
- Job Postings: Post your job openings on our website free of charge – for as long as you need to.
How we create opportunities for nonprofits to work with each other and with funders, business and government...
- Your Champion: we represent you at the Jacksonville Donor's Forum, the Human Services Council, and the Jacksonville Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- Uplifting (Nonprofit) Leadership: a series of expertly-facilitated, humanities-based discussions between leaders of philanthropic and nonprofit organizations in Northeast Florida about giving, serving, and other fundamental issues at the heart of being a nonprofit leader.
- STILL Uplifting (Nonprofit) Leadership: A peer-led facilitated discussion among those who have already completed the Uplifting Nonprofit Leadership Series – but wish to continue the dialogue.
- Topical mini-workshops: when an issue arises – we bring in the experts to help walk us through what this means to us. Examples include, Sarbanes-Oxley, wage-hour laws, executive transitions and crisis management.
- Thanksgiving CEO Breakfast: Each year, we give thanks to our hard-working CEO's by sharing a special Thanksgiving breakfast together.
How we tell the community about the nonprofit sector...
- Convening business, government, nonprofits and funders for the State of the Sector: a summary of research and studies on the current state of the nonprofit sector in Northeast Florida.
- Media: writing and responding to local media including the Florida Times-Union, the Jacksonville Business Journal and WJCT.
- Member Spotlight: we facilitate featuring a member organization on the Jacksonville Regional Chamber of Commerce website.
- Website: the Nonprofit Center's website serves as a clearinghouse for research, studies, articles, templates, community calendar, nonprofit jobs, activities and events.
back to top